Medina of Sfax, Tunisia

8/15/2015

The Medina is a must visit when you are in Sfax, Tunisia! A living part of Sfax's history, the Medina has been around for centuries, and it is still used as it was back then: for the people. Entering the Medina, you get a taste of where the local Sfaxiens shop. Traditional clothes, foods, household goods‒ they're all available in the Medina! The best thing about the Medina is that it's not an attraction prepared for tourists it's real. You feel its authenticity when you visit, and you don't get constantly bugged by locals as you do in touristic sites.

The main gate to the Medina, known as the Beb Diwén.

In front of one of the main entrances.



 Reminds me of a castle!

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair.

Wore my colorful harem pants to contrast the creamy, beige walls.


 The cutest mini garden.

I never get tired of the palm trees.

Time to go inside!

 Traditional Tunisian goods.

Postcard perfection.

Seriously obsessed with the windows!


These shops were my favorite places to go to when I visited Tunisia as a kid! They sell all the foods you may need when in a rush (especially candy and snacks), and they save you time because you don't actually have to go to a supermarket. They're convenient and everywhere you go in Tunisia.


Fresh bread.

A beautiful mosque door you can't miss while walking through the Medina.

Just look at that guy driving his motorcycle out like a boss.









Roamed around downtown after the Medina. Remember when I blogged about Sfax's town hall? Well, there it is behind me! 


The Medina is in downtown Sfax, so it's super close to Sfax's town square.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow! That is so stunning! I wonder how long it has been there, do you know? Btw all the pics are beautiful but I think the bread was my favorite! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question! All I know is that it has been around for a while. I'll definitely ask my relatives because I want to know too! & haha, right?! Fresh bread is literally everywhere you go there! Thanks girl :)

      Delete