What To Wear While Traveling on a Long Haul Flight: Comfy Outfit, Essentials, and Tips

6/25/2016

No makeup, comfy clothes, and sunglasses = a perfect travel look. When traveling (especially overseas on a long haul flight), I like to be as comfortable as possible. Sitting on a plane (or 2 in my case) for 9+ hours definitely requires comfort. As you may know from my travel posts last year, I travel to Tunisia every summer, so I'm pretty prepared when getting on a plane.

This year I traveled alone with my younger brother on Lufthansa, so we stopped in the Frankfurt airport in Germany. The first plane from the Chicago O'hare airport to Germany was 9 hours. We stayed for an additional 9 hours in the Frankfurt airport while waiting for our second plane to Tunis, Tunisia, which was about 3 hours. I wore some black skinny jeans, a flowy striped top, a jean jacket (for warmth), and my Adidas superstar shoes (which are soo comfy and perfect for travel; I definitely recommend).

A photo posted by Aya Sellami 🇹🇳🇺🇸 (@ayasellami) on


Jean Jacket - Nordstrom (similar here) | Top - Target | Jeans - Forever 21 | Sneakers - Adidas | Sunglasses - Ray Ban | Initial Necklace - Charming Charlie (similar here) | Bar Necklace - Charming Charlie | Backpack - Target (similar here)

I like to let my skin breathe when I travel, so I don't like to wear any makeup. I have combination skin, so my face is both oily/dry. On the plane, makeup can make my skin irritated and leave me feeling dirty and stuffy. Wearing no makeup and wearing my prescription glasses is key. I tried wearing contacts on my 13 hour flight few years back, and it did not workout well; my eyes became super irritated, dry, and red for several days. Don't be afraid to rock your glasses while traveling!

A photo posted by Aya Sellami 🇹🇳🇺🇸 (@ayasellami) on

A photo posted by Aya Sellami 🇹🇳🇺🇸 (@ayasellami) on



A photo posted by Aya Sellami 🇹🇳🇺🇸 (@ayasellami) on
The beautiful view from my window before landing


A photo posted by Aya Sellami 🇹🇳🇺🇸 (@ayasellami) on

Outside of the Carthage airport in Tunis, Tunisia

xoxo, Aya

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. You're seriously rocking this travel look!

    Xo

    Manda

    ASparklingStickyStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These long days can be exhaaaausting, but wearing a comfy look like yours helps SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect travel tips! I hope you had a great time!

    xo
    Mollie

    www.astylishsideproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a perfect travel look! Hope you're having the BEST time babe!
    Xox,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tips! You looks so comfy, but still super stylish!

    -Tristan

    www.thepolishedposy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks so much for sharing all with the awesome info! I am looking forward to checking out far more posts!
    optical glasses online india

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice photos and great tips

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    what size are your adidas superstar?
    Would you like to sell them to me?
    Please mail to
    glasmaus1@gmx.de
    Thanks,

    Yours, Maike

    ReplyDelete