Tunisian Wedding - Day 1

6/28/2015

Right after we arrived in Tunisia, my family and I had my cousin's wedding to attend to that weekend. Weddings in Tunisia don't just last one day like your typical wedding; They usually last for 2-3 days. There's the actual day of the wedding, the Nzoul (the traditional Tunisian wedding), and the day for Henna. The first one we attended to was my cousin's Nzoul. The bride is the center of attention on this day, and she usually wears 2 traditional wedding outfits: a red & gold dress and a gold suit (similar to a dress). As a guest, I decided to go with a simple and natural look consisting of pearl and gold tones. I didn't feel like doing too much with my hair and kinda winged it by twisting the front parts of my hair into an up-do. Pretty happy with how everything turned out, and I had such a fun time with my family :)

 A mandatory selfie with the bride ;) This is the traditional red & gold dress that my cousin wore.





Love how the up-do ended up looking, especially from the back! Kind of wished the front parts of my hair were less curly though... it made the hairstyle look a little off from the front. But hey, that's what happens when you have naturally curly hair! :P



I actually purchased this shawl right here in Tunisia a few days before the wedding. Took lots of searching, but I finally found the perfect match to my dress at the end.






 Strawberry smoothie drink that's always presented at Tunisian weddings (there's more flavors, too).

Did somebody say sweets? Yes, please!

 Can't stop obsessing over how gorgeous this platter looks! ♥

My personal choice. Not anything specific... I just happened to take the prettiest looking one ;)

 Bride & groom's bedazzled sofa.

Roses, roses, roses 

The bride greeting her fans! haha, just kidding... I seriously love these photos I captured of her though! 

Beautiful detailing.


The bride gets her hands covered with these decorated mittens to keep her Henna dry. Nowadays, the Henna is done the day before, so there's actually no need for the mittens. It's typically done just for tradition and pictures.


It's a tradition to give the bride money (usually 10 dinars- equivalent to about 5 dollars) on the day of her Nzoul.

The bride & groom holding a heart over the first letter of their names, which were made out of the money they received. The bride holds the groom's letter, and the groom holds the bride's letter.

My cousin (bride's sister) & I . Love her Indian inspired outfit!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Everything about this post is perfect!!! Those sweets look so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lehi! I know right?! Wish I could've ate them all, tbh!

      Delete
  2. Nice couple, beautiful day, you have great friends and family. What a great day you had and in the coming years you will be happy with all these great photos. I wish you all the happiness you wish for, and the ability to listen to each other and share compromises. I'm 100% sure about the professional talent of wedding photographer how beautiful he/she has captured these moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your above fashion items are really stunning. To manufacture these products in bulk, you may contact Beautiful Connection Group. BEAUTIFUL CONNECTION GROUP is a professional wholesale clothing manufacturing company in the USA specialized in custom women’s apparels like coats, jackets, tops and dresses.

    For details, Women’s Clothing Manufacturer

    ReplyDelete